Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lost in Wonderment

This is gonna be a quick post and yes, I know I'm a slacker for not posting more but we all can't be the lovely and posting-lots Alicia. ;)

If you, somehow, are perhaps brand new to SL or perhaps don't follow the fashion scene at all - then you may not know about the SL Relay For Life Clothing Fair, to benefit the American Cancer Society. You can read about the businessy side of things at the SLRFL site. You can read about all the amazing items produced for this event on any blog with the remotest interest in Fashion. I recommend that you check out the What's New blog to see even more new items being added all the time, and also the Fabulously Free blog which has a sim by sim rundown if you are interested in the freebies at all.

What I want to say, is simply this.

T H A N K Y O U to every single one of the people who has worked on organizing, advertising, designing, creating for this event. Walking around seeing all the work that has gone into this is, for me, a humbling and very moving thing. I lost two of the dearest people in my life to Cancer and it runs in both sides of my family. I keep crying when I think about it or look around at all you have done to help the victims of this overreaching disease. Anyone who can truly look at Second Life and say, "oh it's just a game about sex and whatever", has no idea what they are talking about. They have only to look at you prodigiously amazing people and what you have wrought to know this isn't true.

I happened to be present when ONE KIOSK slipped over to an amazing 100,000 Linden dollars. You read that right, One Hundred Thousand. Multiple that by, as an estimate since I don't have an exact figure, around 3.50usd (Linden Labs do take a cut when you cash out regrettably), yeah you get the picture. The total of donations is even more jaw-dropping. So T H A N K Y O U also, to the generous donors who have opened those Pixel Wallets and dropped in whatever they could spare. It is not going unnoticed, and it WILL make a difference.

Today, I am very happy to be one pixel girl in our incredible pixel world. *Hugs*

No comments: